Like so many we've had plenty of snow which has been beautiful and given me loads of time away from school! There has been loads in the press about over reactions by the public and county councils however, I have to give it to our Head teacher: there was no safe way of keeping our school open as it is on a split site divided by a hill, lots of slopes and steps and a very steep main drive, not safe for over a thousand teenagers.
So, snow day it is! Was delighted to get the message this morning that, having re-opened yesterday, the school was closing again today! I've been using my extra time wisely and have an update on the ol' list:
1. Stocked my shop with at least 12 listings only got 11 but I ran out of daylight, hopefully tomorrow I'll get another piece photographed
2. Ordered some pmc ordered a host of basics to get me started from Art Clay Suppplies who have been great, they were out of stock of two items and phoned me to see if I wanted an alternative and as I was happy to wait a few days they included the large size resin at no extra cost, how lovely! I yipped joyfully at the arrival of the box and then felt the fear over the size of the pmc, a small amount still costs a lot and I can't afford to mess it up!
3. Registered my business name - depending on advice on Friday
After my meeting with the advisor last week I decided to trade under my own name in an effort to be more recognisable, as, at the start those who know me will look for me by name rather than the business name I was going to register. Much simpler and removes the need to register a business name so I have now filled in and sent off the self-employment forms.
4. Finished the 'heart' range I've started the range and perhaps "finishing" was never the right choice of word! I decided to put items together into sets so my planned full shop looks a little less than full as six items are only three listings. There are more heart designs ready to go and this might be an ongoing theme beyond February and 'Heart Month', have an idea for silver clay involving hearts if I ever pluck up the courage to open the packet!
5. Upload an image to redbubble Yet to do this - we went up to Cannock Chase and I have a load of snow photographs still to go through so should get something up before the end of the week. During the walk I spotted a robin posing on a branch and he let me step in to take a photo, just as I did he launched himself straight at me in a brave bid to move us off his patch!
I'll leave you with the new sets listed today: